Account ManagerThe Account Manager is integral in leading client relationships and driving the business forward—you are a master of client service and relationships. In this role you are in the driver’s seat—helping to set strategy, direct team efforts and be an active contributor for a diverse set of clients. Clients love you because not only can you run with a plan but you know what to listen for and mine for opportunities that will focus on their needs and deliver results. You thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment, have exceptional organizational skills, a proactive attitude, excellent people skills, and a sincere interest in the client(s) business. A sense of humor always helps, too!
As both a thought leader and practitioner you can make a difference by providing solutions and proactively communicating with everyone. You’re self-motivated, relentlessly curious and focused on strategic business growth. You take pride in knowing your clients’ businesses and audiences better than anyone but are able to successfully collaborate with a variety of people in different capacities and levels that include cross-functional teams such as Creative, Digital, Web, PR/Social, Strategy, Media, Production and Project Management.
Connecting the dots is fun for you. Your cool critical thinking cap allows you to drive holistic thinking and see the big picture. You are able to analyze data, and help establish campaign KPIs, metrics on the front end and are able to evaluate work & develop thoughtful insight/recommendations on the backend.
Although no two days are ever the same, some of your day to day may look a little like this: ongoing account strategy and planning, day-to-day client communication, proposal and creative-brief development, and internal collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Leads and manages cross-functional teams both at the agency and client level
- Executes strategic planning and proposal development, meets client deadlines, and manages client budgets
- Builds a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses, competitive environments, and industries; serves as a trusted advisor, and offers strategic and creative ideas that lead to organic client growth
- Communicates with clients on all matters, including expectations, scope creep and issues of a sensitive nature with professionalism
- Collaborates with internal team members to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Develops insights based on reporting data to drive strategic recommendations
- Ensures alignment by maintaining a regular flow of information between the client and internal teams
- Writes and edits creative briefs/proposals/case studies and is a clear communicator and engaging presenter
- Researches clients’ categories/businesses and applies this knowledge to strategies and tactics that drive business goals
- Works closely with the project management team to organize and plan the workflow of the agency in order to provide outstanding work, i.e., manage financials, open/create job codes, prepare estimates, connecting with clients for appropriate approvals, oversee budgets, etc.
- Coordinates monthly client billing, reviews and approves invoices
- Works closely with all levels and stakeholders including partners, vice presidents and directors
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of agency experience, preferably as an Account Manager with B2B and/or B2C focus
- BS/BA in marketing, business or communication preferred or additional related experience
- Experience in an agency (or related) environment handling all facets of account management
- Experience leading clients in strategic marketing and branding
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Solid financial acumen in order to successfully manage budgets and profitability
- Strong organizational skills, accountability and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under deadlines and follow through with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think “big picture” while accurately overseeing the details of multiple projects
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Hybrid work environment
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package, including paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, cafeteria health plan and retirement plan contributions